Work within the production team and test under development versions and features. Ensure that developed features are robust and meet the design requirements. Monitoring build stability and feature testing for the assigned project: a proprietary game engine powering games such as Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, Assassin's Creed Franchise and an unannounced project.
- Smoke testing of the builds on regular basis to provide the status of the build for development
- Develop and update test plans based on game features and design documents as drawn up by the development team, to pinpoint the bugs and methodically verify all the aspects of the game pertaining to his/her work cell
- Use the development team’s tools to identify bugs, as features are implemented in the game. Isolate and reproduce the bugs to assess gravity and probability based on Ubisoft’s standards, and suggest solutions. Detail the bugs using the Jira database, and follow-up with other members of the development teams to facilitate their resolution
- Validate high risk changes before they are integrated into the main version to ensure stability and basic functionality
- Close coordination with different QC teams (functionality, compliance, special tests) and be the communication link between production teams Determine test needs with development teams, Associate Producers and Production Coordinators. Work closely with the leads for defining the Build Release procedures for Milestone plans, Project Test plans, etc. and ensuring their execution